We will plan to meet for gathered worship tomorrow, but it will be different.
First. Please do not feel any obligation to join our gathered Worship time tomorrow.
- If you are concerned about attending please stay home. We will email the audio of our Worship time to everyone following the service. You also have access to our Family Worship Guide for this week. We will look for ways this week to add a video option should the current public health concerns continue.
- If you are considered at risk based on your health or age, please stay home.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
When we gather for Worship we will treat everyone as if they have the flu maintaining an appropriate distance.
- We will minimize all opportunities for person to person contact and common hard surfaces. We will consider tomorrow “hooded sweatshirt” Sunday. Wear one of those sweatshirts with the big pockets in the front to rest your hands.
- Our Breakfast time will be “Bring Your Own Breakfast” from home. We will not utilize the kitchen to make coffee or put out food to be shared. You are welcome to bring your travel mug of coffee and a snack from home. We will begin the RightNow Media study from Colossians. If you would like to view it from home, please let us know and we will make sure you can access it online.
- We will place a table for our offering in the back by the sound desk. Please consider giving as you enter the auditorium. We will not pass a plate for our Worship offering.
- During worship, we will suspend our usual greeting time. We will take a moment to look around and give a wave to all those who have gathered.
- Our Children’s ministry areas will be closed. Bible Explorers will not meet and our nursery area will not be available to families. There is a changing station in the Family Restroom should you need one.
If you have a need please let us know at [email protected] or call text 989-941-6262. If you need someone to go to the store for you or a roll of toilet paper, please reach out and we will have someone in our church family help you.
We apologize for the delay in communicating with you. National and local concern over the spread of the COVID 19 (Coronavirus) escalated quickly this week leading to many cancellations of gathered activities. Just yesterday the governor of Michigan issued an executive order to cancel all events over 250 people. We have been working to gather information and make the best possible recommendations that are consistent with faith (confident assurance) over fear, and our love for God and love for our neighbors.
We believe these steps will help us reduce the risk as we gather for Worship. We will be evaluating our options weekly. Our desire is to love God and love our neighbors by following the recommendations of our state and local health officials.
Please keep our community in your prayers, especially those who are affected by this illness, those who are at a higher risk, as well as those who are working tirelessly to care for the sick and prevent the virus’s further spread. The Bible reminds us to not be anxious but to pray. (Philippians 4:8) Pray for the gospel to be proclaimed and for God to be glorified in what seem like anxious times.
Our Redeemer Free Elders